Monday, October 13, 2008

Casual Friday is now PJs Friday

My office allows me to work pretty much whatever hours and whatever days I want as long as I get 80 hours every two weeks. I’ve always just worked the standard five 8-hour days. I live close to work, I’m a social animal and my downtown apartment is just barely bigger than my office so the thought of working alone at home never really appealed to me. Until today that is.

For some reason I started looking at it differently this morning. I decided that not having the 15 minute commute and being able to work in my PJs or even nekkid if I liked was appealing. After all, my birthday suit is 40 now so I want to get as much use out of it as I can before it gets too raggedy! Plus my office is located in the ghetto and since I’m not shopping for crack, guns or a new boyfriend I don’t really like being there. I find all the sirens and drive bys to be a little distracting too.

So now I’m really looking forward to one day a week in beautiful downtown Orlando. I can work faster on my new high speed home computer and I will have so many options for lunch including working out at the gym, running around the lake and going out to lunch with my many friends who work downtown. I think this will be a nice little change in my weekly schedule and I’m proud of myself for rethinking the idea and giving it a chance. So I guess the moral of this story is to keep your options open and try it before you knock it. Unfortunately due to scheduling issues I still have to wait a month to start PJs Friday but I’ll keep you posted.

Cat Cathy

No comments: