Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Retroactive Life List


I was sitting around the other day just thinking of all the cool things I’ve done so far in my life. Activities ranged from hang gliding to getting my engineering degree to doing this blog. I was so inspired I created a life list. Or as the movie title goes a “Bucket List”…which is a list of things to do before I kick the bucket.

I’ve never really had a list of what I wanted to do with my life. I’ve just gone with the flow and took advantage of whatever opportunities were presented. This approach has worked well for me. Imagine if I made my list 20 years ago and tried to stick to it. There wouldn’t be anything on that list about internet, blogging, inline skating, podcasting, kite boarding and a number of other things that just didn’t exist when I was younger. So the list I just created is retroactive since it covers what I’ve done so far and not what I plan to do. I recommend everyone try this since it was enlightening and fun reminiscing about all my past adventures.

So now that my retroactive list is done I’m trying to add a few new activities to pursue and I’m just not sure what to add. Base jumping off Angel Falls sounds exciting but I’m not really sure that’s the direction I want to go. (By direction I mean down and down really fast). Writing my memoirs is another option. I already have the title - “Catastrophe Cathy - Confessions of a Blogger”. Neither of these really seems to appeal to me though. I think I’ll just keep looking for opportunity and taking it wherever I find it for now. But I’m also willing to hear suggestions so let me know if you have an idea for my list.

Cat “Miles to go Before I Sleep” Cathy

No comments: