Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I’m Hot, You're Hot, He’s Hot, She’s Hot

Ok I don’t think I’m an ugly duckling or anything but I’m not used to getting many compliments on my looks. My outfit, personality and athletic ability often get compliments but generally not my looks. I’m ok with that since being a super model was never high on my to-do list although the money sure would be good.

I was kind of a late bloomer in high school and I was not very attractive and somewhat shy and insecure. I was picked on a lot so of course this didn’t help the situation any. High school sure can be tough! Ok you can stop crying and feeling sorry for me now. I’m just offering this as a possible reason as to why last night seemed so unusual to me. And why today I feel like singing West Side Story’s “I feel pretty, oh so pretty and witty and gay”.

I wasn’t in a great mood last night since my boyfriend and I were not on the best of terms but I decided to go on my weekly bike ride anyway. First a 29 year old guy said he saw me at a charity event and he and his friends were checking me out. This was very flattering and according to the latest rule I’ve learned on dating ages (half your age plus 7) he would be in my range (40/2=20 plus 7 =27). Sorry I didn’t mean to do math here but I am an engineer after all. Unfortunately this rule also implies that a 66 year old would be the top end of my age range. So it’s kind of a dumb rule IMHO and this 29 year old ‘kid’ while flattering was also just a little creepy in a teacher dating her student kind of way.

Later another friend showed up who I hadn’t seen in a while. I had texted him a week ago and he didn’t reply. When I saw him he said he was not allowed to text pretty girls now that he is back with his wife. Of course he was kidding but this was count 2 on my pretty compliments.

Then later I got a third pretty from a street performer. Yes he was working for tips and maybe this one shouldn’t count but I’ll take whatever I can get!

It’s nice to receive a compliment and it really put me in a good mood. I think it’s always good to compliment people as long as you really mean it. So I think I will make today a day that I hand out lots of meaningful compliments in a hopes to cheer others up. I recommend you do the same and brighten up someone’s day.

Cat “You Look Mahvelous” Cathy

No comments: