Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Carpe Diem


I recently added getting a fish pedicure to my life “to do” list. It’s a trendy way of getting a pedicure where small carp fish eat the dead skin on your feet. I actually tested it out on my hand recently when I was at a salon open house. It tickled but was fun and my hand felt really soft when I pulled it out of the water. I have to admit it was a bit creepy when I looked down and saw the little creatures swarming all over my hand though. Even so, I decided I should give it a try at least once and was looking forward to scheduling my first fish pedicure. But that may be an issue now since the Florida Board of Cosmetology just banned it. They said there was no way to disinfect a pool of fish between uses.

So what’s a girl to do? Do I give up on my whole fish pedicure idea or look for one on the black market? Maybe I can just stick my feet in the ocean with some food on them and see if anything takes the bait. Or maybe this just means I have to take a trip to Asia where it is still legal.

What do you think? Is it unsafe and unsanitary? Would you try it? Did the board make a rash decision?

Cat “Here fishy fishy” Cathy

No comments: