Friday, March 13, 2009

Supermodel Size me


Ah to be tall and lanky like the supermodels. Well I was half way there the other day. I had the tall part down since I was tempting new injuries with my latest extreme activity…jumping stilts.

Jumping stilts are not your ordinary stilts. They basically combine walking 2 feet taller and a trampoline into one fun filled and dangerous activity.

I was nervous. Most sports don’t make me this nervous but I could see so much potential for injury. I started by walking next to a fence for support. I did better than I expected and soon progressed to walking on the sidewalk with no support. I wasn’t good enough to make a YouTube video but I had fun, enjoyed a new challenge and didn’t get hurt. I consider this a total success!

Next time I want to try a bit of a jog and some small jumps. Supposedly you can run up to 20 miles per hour and jump several feet into the air. I’m thinking I will feel like the bionic woman…stronger, faster, higher…but no help with my hearing.

It’s also quite the attention grabber and I even heard a “that’s sick” comment from some kids biking by. I believe ‘sick’ is the new buzz word for cool but I could be wrong.

Anyone who knows me knows I love to show off so this new sport is right up my alley. I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

Cat “Do these stilts make my legs look fat” Cathy

No comments: