Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Jane of All Trades


'They' say the average person will have 3-5 careers in a lifetime. When I started thinking of all the different jobs I’ve had I realized I have far surpassed that number already. Granted some were not profitable and some were college jobs and hardly considered ‘career’ opportunity but still….there will be no 25 years and gold watch for me, that’s for sure.

In some ways it is stressful having so much to do and so many career paths but in many ways I like it. I enjoy variety and each new career provides a little insight into a different life I can lead and introduces me to different people. So I try to look at it as a positive thing and unless I had the perfect job (i.e. Rock Star) I think I would rather hop around and experience new things a bit.

Here is just a short list of some of my professional and non professional careers:

Asbestos Coordinator
Petroleum Cleanup Engineer
Roadway Engineer
Podcaster
Roller derby skater
Pro-am Jet Ski racer
Freelance news producer
Parade performer

When I look at my list I’m actually impressed and have lots of great memories. It also explains my blogging which has covered topics from travel to sports adventures to balloon dresses to Tiger Woods. I guess my personal life is just as A – D – D as my career life!

Cat ‘which hat to wear today’ Cathy

No comments: