Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Blackberry Mojito Quest




Since I act so silly all the time, you may be surprised to learn that I don’t drink alcoholic beverages often. In fact my new year’s resolution a few years back was ‘Drink More’. But like most resolutions it just didn’t stick. I still drink a few times a year and ‘throw it down’ when I do. That just means I have 1-3 drinks but believe me I feel it!

Other than the savings in money, not being hung over often and savings in calories I have found yet another advantage to not drinking often. When you don’t do something often you tend to look forward to it more and get more joy from it. On my last trip to Delray Beach I knew I was going to my favorite restaurant and going to partake in my current favorite drink…the coveted blackberry Mojito. Just knowing I was going to drink became a celebration all in itself.

So how to celebrate? Well by singing of course! I started finding lots of songs that just fit ‘mojito’ so well. While we boated down the intercoastal towards downtown Delray Beach I came up with the following songs that I shared with my boyfriend and anyone else who was unfortunate enough to be within earshot:

My Mojito (To the tune of My Sherona by the Knack) – “Oh you’re such a tasty rum. A tasty rum. Give me just another one…my mojito”.

Go Go Mojito (To the tune of Godzilla by Blue Oyster Cult) – “With a purposeful smile and a laughing sound she gulped that tasty mojito down. Oh no….she says it has to go. Go go mojito.”

Mojito Got Low (To the tune of Low by Flowrida) – “mulled blackberry, lime and sugar cane, so tasty there was no one to blame. She drank it down. Next thing you know, mojito got low low low low.”

And my personal favorite: Mojito (To the tune of Maria from West Side Story) - “The most beautiful sound I ever heard, ‘Mojito’. Say it loud and there’s music playing. Say it soft and it’s almost like praying. ‘Mojito’, I’ll never stop saying ‘Mojito’.


In summary blackberry Mojitos Rock (and pop, dance and sometimes show tune!)

Cat ‘Make it a Double’ Cathy

No comments: