Friday, December 24, 2010

The Magical Bowl of Life Changing Proportions


2010 is almost over so it's time to make my New Year's resolutions. I like to joke about picking a resolution like 'don't smoke crack'. Since I never have done that (and never would) it helps me start my year off on a positive note. Seriously, I usually pick an item or two about myself that I would like to work on throughout the year but I don't ever seem to follow through or even remember what the resolutions were by the time March rolls around.

This year a friend of mine gave me an idea that I think will be fun, interesting, challenging and help me to learn more about myself and the world around me. I made a list of 26 different activities and put each item on a slip of paper in a bowl. Every other week I will pull a new item out of the 'magical bowl'. I will have one week to prep for the activity and one week that I will do the activity. These activities are just ways for me to mix it up and not stay in a routine. They range from cooking at home each night to being goth for a week...whatever that means.

Each week I will blog about my experiences with the item I chose and what it taught me. This could be expensive and time consuming since I will still want to do all my normal activities but it should be interesting too.

Happy New Year to everyone. I hope you take some time to come up with your own plan to make the new year fun, growing and memorable.

Cat "Should Old Acquaintence Be Forgot" Cathy

No comments: