Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Happy Joy Joy


During this holiday season it seemed appropriate to do a blog about Joy. There are many things that bring me joy. One of my big sources of joy is a walk around the lake. It inspires and refreshes me. There is something about being outdoors, feeling the sun and wind on my skin and just relaxing and watching the birds that puts me in my happy place. It inspires me to do great things…or sometimes to do nothing at all…but it is still inspirational to me.

I think it is very important to know yourself and what you need to be joyous. Some days I need a lot of social contact so I go out to a big event and say hi to all my acquaintances. Other days I just want to be alone and reflective about where I am in my life. And still other days I just want to accomplish some errands so I don’t feel overwhelmed. For me it is all about understanding how I am feeling at that moment and making my activities fit instead of just doing the same thing every week.

I hope you take the time to enjoy each day and relish in your sources of joy. Sometimes even seemingly mundane activities can actually be a great source of joy and inner peace. It really just depends on how you look at it and your mood.

Cat “Feeling Joyous at Christmas Time” Cathy

1 comment:

"joe" said...

Very nice blog :) It seems so surprising yet so true that the simple things tend to be the sources of the greatest joy in life, those little things that "take you there"; the sound of the wind blowing thru the trees, doing a small good deed for someone, being near the water, etc.
I completely understand the need for both personal reflection and less introspective being out in the world and social. I dont think its really very healthy to be either extreme. If you always live in one mode, it seems everything becomes routine, and dull no matter how exciting it might appear to others. I dont think we should live our lives habitually, maybe a bit closer to schizophrenically...with intermittant moments of sanity and clarity to keep it all in check!
You deserve all the happiness and joy that the little things will bring you this holiday season, and....always :)