Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Caught Between Ma’am and Baby Doll


I was playing hockey the other day and one of the younger players ma’amed me. I’m not a huge fan of the title since it just seems to bring up visions of a very old librarian but I realized he was a young kid and was just being respectful. Not five minutes later another young player called me ‘baby doll’. Now this title although not overly respectful and rather unusual was almost a little flattering.

I feel like I’m at an unusual age somewhere between ma'am and baby doll. Personally I wish there was just one title for women like there is for men. What is the deal with distinguishing young women from old and married from single? Why is that around anyway? Let’s all just be Miss and be done with it!

Miss Cat “Baby doll” Cathy

No comments: