Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Life Begins at 40!


I had my 3rd annual 39th birthday part this past weekend. I can’t believe it’s already been a year since my big 4-0 bash. My 40th birthday party was the best party I’d ever had and I couldn’t stop talking about it for months. This year’s party was supposed to be a bit scaled back but was even crazier.

We had over 60 people throughout the night and lots of food, music, dancing, fireworks, midnight drunken jet skiing and waving at cars in the front yard. Ok it was really much more than just waving. There was some mooning going on too. We almost mooned a cop car at one point. Thankfully he just said a few words and left. A jeep that we mooned came back and asked directions. Maybe he was really lost or maybe he just liked the show. I’m not sure but we all climbed on the jeep and took pictures. I’d never mooned anyone before in my life but I was drunk and it was fun. I’m finally coming out of my shell at 41. The next day I started to regret it a bit so I guess I’m only part way out of that shell.

What really made the party were all my friends. I’d like to thank them and let them know they are important to me. I just love spending time with them. My only regret is there were so many people that I didn’t get enough one on one time.

It’s true that life begins at 40. I’m in the best place I’ve ever been with friends, confidence, career and knowing what I want in life …to some extent at least. If you’re worried about getting older hopefully this will help you realize it’s not that bad!

Cat “Another Year Older But Not a Bit Wiser” Cathy

No comments: